RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- Every School and University category entry must be an .STL file.
- A maximum of only one design allowed per entry.
- The description should briefly outline why you have chosen that specific product and design.
- The overall build volume of your 3D Printed Consumer product must be no larger than 260mm x 260mm x 300mm
- Judgment criteria used by the jury are: Degree of innovation, Functionality and Usefulness, 3D printability, Aesthetic quality, Ergonomics, Marketability, Feasibility, Quality and clarity of presentation materials.
- Entry to this competition is allowed for Individuals/teams* from the entire GCC region.
- Participation is open to schools and University category from Gulf states. Anyone who can design 3D objects can participate.
- Registration is free, however all participants must accept all terms and conditions.
- You may submit only one design.
The following terms and conditions apply to all entries:
- All entries must be in a .STL format to qualify. Entries in any other format will be disqualified.
- Erroneous and non-printable entries will result in disqualification.
- By entering this competition, you agree that:
- The work is your original work.
- To the best of your knowledge, it is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
- Neither the work nor its use infringes any patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right of any person, organization, or institution.
- Acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the protection of your intellectual property rights over the work.
- All 3D Printing entries from schools & universities (including descriptions, designs and/or images) submitted for the competition will remain property of the designer but can be used by ATLAB STEM Academy for promotional purposes.
- Applicants are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs. The applicant’s participation shall not constitute employment or assignment, or offer of employment or assignment.
- The personal data submitted by participants for the competition will be used by ATLAB STEM Academy for the purpose of administering the competition and evaluating the work.
- By entering this competition you authorize ATLAB STEM Academy to use your name and exhibit your work publicly, all for the purpose of this competition, and accept that ATLAB STEM Academy and competition organizers are not responsible for any damages which you may suffer, or claim to suffer, by or as a result of taking part in this competition, the authorized use of your entry and/or any decision by the jury.
Rules for Uploading the Presentation/Video
After a participant has upload his/her .stl file, a presentation or a video is to be created and uploaded to complete the process of registration. The following are the guidelines that are to be followed to create the same:
- The participant should display and talk about the product in the video. In the presentation, there should be images of the participant with the final 3D printed product.
- The video/presentation should consist information about the product and the need for the product in the consumer market.
- The participant can market the product in any befitting way
- The video/presentation can also consist of the entire process underwent by the participant to create the product in the form of a time lapse video.
- The participant to limit the video to a maximum of 2 minute duration
About the jury?
After the closing of the registration period, the submissions will be judged by a panel of independent judges from various industries and University professors.
About 3D Printing Event
3D Printing is hot and is going to change the way we are living and working!
3D printing is still a technology driven activity, applied by designers and engineers, although several companies / start ups are offering 3D printing services to individuals who want to have their own designed product replicated and sold to others on order.
Visit www.3dprintingevent.com for more information.
For any further queries with regards to the rules and regulations, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Acceptance of Terms
Students of Schools and Universities can enter as an individual or as part of a team (no more than 2 student team members allowed). Each individual or team is required to have a Coach.
2. Responsibility for Submission
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY participating in The World 3D Printing Olympiad (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR REGISTERING TO participate in World 3D Printing Olympiad, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE T&C, INCLUDING ANY POSTED REVISIONS THERETO.
3. Rights to Submission
- You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials submitted to the World 3D Printing Olympiad are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such (“Submission”)originated. This means that you, and not ATLAB STEM Academy are entirely responsible for the Submission that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available through participation in the World 3D Printing Olympiad.
- You acknowledge that ATLAB STEM Academy has no obligation to pre-screen your Submission, although it reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Submission. In the event that ATLAB STEM Academy pre-screens, refuses or removes any Submission, you acknowledge that ATLAB STEM Academy will do so for ATLAB STEM Academy’s benefit, not yours. Without limiting the foregoing, ATLAB STEM Academy shall have the right to remove any Submission that violates the T&C or is otherwise objectionable at any time.
4. Participant Conduct
- In connection with the Submission for the challenge, you agree not to:
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an ATLAB STEM Academy official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any design submission World 3D Printing Olympiad
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- talk or otherwise harass another person or entity;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit any Content for any commercial purpose.
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that ATLAB STEM Academy may access, preserve and disclose your Submission if required to do so by law or in a good-faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any design violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service;
You agree to release and hold ATLAB STEM Academy and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors harmless from and defend and indemnify them against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of: (a) Submission you send, post, transmit or otherwise make available through participation in the World 3D Printing Olympiad; (b) your violation of the T&C; or (c) your violation of any rights of another party.
7. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You acknowledge that ATLAB STEM Academy may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the World 3D Printing Olympiad Submissions, including, without limitation, the maximum number of days that Submission will be retained by ATLAB STEM Academy; You agree that ATLAB STEM Academy has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any Submission and other communications or other Submission maintained or transmitted of part of the World 3D Printing Olympiad. You further acknowledge that ATLAB STEM Academy reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.